It’s February! The month of love, chocolates, flowers, and romantic movie reruns. So for my post today, I thought I’d do a list of Romantic Movies that might be great to watch on or near Valentine’s Day, while snuggling up with your significant other and a bowl of popcorn, even if you’ve seen them before.
There are some great romantic movies, so limiting myself to ten wasn’t an easy task, but here it goes… And thanks to The Chicks for their input.
- The Notebook. This one got high marks from The Chicks. It’s got Ryan Gosling, sexual chemistry, class struggles, great kissing… Did I mention Ryan Gosling? Well, he deserves mentioning again.
- Pretty Woman. A down-on-her-luck hooker is swept off her feet by a millionaire who’s not only hot but great in the sack.
- Bridget Jones Diary. You’ve got to cheer on the awkward girl who wears granny panties and still gets the guy.
- Sweet Home Alabama. A woman leaves her small town in search of the life she wants, only to realize it’s the life she left behind. And the guy!
- Sixteen Candles. Teenage angst and crushes. We’ve all suffered through them, so enough said.
- There’s Something About Mary. If you’re looking for a quirky romance movie, this is the one for you! From a funny scene where a zipper proves to be one of man’s worse enemies to an unusual hair gel, this one should have you laughing and rooting Ben Stiller on.
- Sleepless in Seattle. Matchmaking son who shows his dad that true love might strike twice. And who doesn’t like Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?
- Hitch. A date doctor who gives advice on wooing becomes smitten for a woman who doesn’t easily fall for his charms.
- Moonstruck. Take one feisty Italian and one bitter-soon-to-be brother-in-law and you have sparks, sex, and regret. Well, maybe not so much regret.
- While You Were Sleeping. This is a favorite of mine to watch at Christmas time. Laughs, love, mistaken identities. What’s not to love?
Now I know I’ve probably missed some of your favorites, so please add them to my list!