I feel like it’s been forever since I posted anything and then remembered, oh yeah, it kind of has. The chicks and I have organized ourselves a bit so we have a regular rotation for posting. This week it’s my turn and I was going to babble about returning to work full time and balancing the very wobbly plates of momming, working, and writing, while finding time to read and also eat and sleep. But, I’ve not only done this before, I also want a break. I need some fun.
I’m having quite the time writing my current manuscript despite having excellent helpers and critique partners who I’m so grateful for. I haven’t had much time to read in the last couple of weeks because the book is due at the end of the month.
Since I can’t spare the time to read right now, I thought we’d play a game. I was thinking I could even give a little prize, but we have to adhere to the honor system: no cheating by using the internet.
Here’s what’s going to happen:
- I’m going to post lines from romance books written by the best romance authors. How am I to decide who is the best? The way I do most things: I ask Google. So, I typed in Top Romance authors and found this link (<you can click it, but you don’t have to). I randomly selected five authors that I’ve read and, in no particular order, listed them below.
- I’m going to find a line from each of their novels (again, thank you Google.)
- I’m going to list five lines and five authors. You’re going to try to guess, using their writing style, guessing, the Force, or whatever works for you other than using the internet to match them up.
- You can leave your answers in the comments section of the website or in a post on our Facebook page. Just match the numbers with the correct letter (note: the letters will be the lines so you match the correct letter with the author’s number)
- This fun stops at midnight EST tomorrow, but you’re welcome to give it a try even after that. Whoever gets the most correct will win…hmm…I have to make it small because what if there’s a tie?
Does that make sense or have I not had enough caffeine? So for example, if one of the authors was listed as 1) J.K. Rowling and one of the lines available to choose from was: c)”Yer a wizard, Harry.” I would answer 1) c
Got it? If this is an epic fail, well…sorry. But it’s giving me a break from banging my head against my laptop over my current work in progress.
Oh, before we start, I’ve decided I’ll do a random draw for the winner. From the people who’ve gotten all of the answers correct, I’ll randomly select one winner to receive a very cool Romance Chicks Bookmark (see photo at the top) along with a choice of 1- 99 cent ebook from Amazon. I know, it’s little, but it’s just for fun.
Here we go!
- Colleen Hoover
- Kristen Ashley
- Jane Austen
- Nora Roberts
- Tessa Dare
Random lines selected from the books of the above authors (not telling you which books either)
a) It’s hard to resist a bad boy who’s a good man.
b) “Oh no. Don’t smile. You’ll kill me. I stop breathing when you smile.”
c) “God gives us the ugliness so we don’t take the beautiful things in life for granted.”
d) “The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!”
e) “Maybe we should have this conversation in an alternate universe where Alternate Indy gives a shit what Alternate Lee wants her to wear.”
Good luck. Have fun. Just guess if you have to. And happy almost Friday day!